Sunday, December 13, 2009

JESUS - THE LIGHT of the World

JESUS - THE LIGHT of the World
I had a dream last night....(I do not know all of the significance of this dream, but will share my understanding, so far.)
I was driving in my car and entered an area where there were no lights. I thought that it was just temporary, but soon realized that I was in a section of a neighborhood where there was absolutely NO electricity. The neighborhood was as black as pitch, and there were no headlights on my car. I was driving in utter blackness. I had no concept of knowing if I was on the right or wrong side of the road, and became afraid that I could be hit by an oncoming car; so I stayed as far to the right as possible...At times, I could see a faint hint of the outline of the road and almost a type of barrier between the edge of the road and the yards in front of the homes in the neighborhood. It seemed as if I drove for a very long time...and I was alone in the car. I slowed my car way down to a crawl, once I realized the blackness was continuing, but I continued to drive.
And then, as quickly as I'd driven into the black section, the scene changed to one of total light! It was a brilliant light...as if white Christmas lights sparkled from every house! White lights sparkled and even the sky was lit with the brilliance.
End of dream.

I'm sure there are more interpretations of this dream, but what I saw was this....A world lost without Jesus - Who IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. When we do not know Jesus, our souls are as black as black. There was absolutely no light! And this is the darkness to which we are called as Believers to dispel. To carry HIS Light to a lost and dying world.

The above photo is a lighthouse which is still in use at the pier in South Haven, Michigan. Even though we did not capture the light shining, it still sends out it's beacon to travelers on Lake Michigan. The black snow clouds of Michigan's frozen winters are deepened by the contrast of the sun breaking through the clouds to the south....again, not showing in the photo, but still present.

Beginning in the Gospel of John 1:4-15, we read:
"In Him was life, and the life was the light of men, and the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of the Light. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name; who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

Matthew 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world, A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
"I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD~and wherever you are, I AM~
My Light is to shine in a dark world. You do not see My Light with your naked eye. That's why I've said that no one would take a lamp and hide it under a basket. Dark and light cannot co-exist~
There is either Light or Dark.
I AM THE TRUE LIGHT which has come into the world, but the darkness perceived it not. Yet men seek after light, for the darkness overtakes them. They long to escape the darkness, but they seek false lights - those which only lead to more darkness. But when they seek Me, they seek THE TRUE GIVER OF LIGHT - THE TRUE LIGHT who will never fail them, never leave them, never forsake them; never leave them in darkness and never lead them in darkness.
Beloved, as Blood bought Born-Again Believers in Jesus Christ, we carry HIS LIGHT into a lost and dying world. The world looks for false lights in those who proclaim that they can bring light, but it only leads to further darkness...for there is only ONE TRUE LIGHT and His Name is JESUS CHRIST...and as His Army, The Sons and Daughters of His Countenance, we are to go forth in Jesus Name to bring His Light.
Isaiah 60
v. 1 Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
v. 2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth. And deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you.
v. 3 The Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
v. 4 Lift up your eyes all around, and see; they all gather together, they come to you; your sons and your daughters shall be nursed at your side.
v. 5. Then you shall see and become radiant, and your heart shall swell with joy;
because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you. The wealth of the Gentiles shall come to you."

Crista Simmons
LifeCare Ministries and Healing Centers
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/l/LifeCareMin/
http://dinnerwiththeking.blogspot.com/
Richland, Michigan, USA
May be reprinted only in it's exactness. Freely have we received. Freely do we give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)