Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Knock! Knock! Knock!!!

Yesterday on Facebook, I shared what the Lord had told me at the end of my time of pouring out my heart to Him....But I want to share what ensued prior to His word to me...and many of us...because sometimes it is very easy to think that we are alone in our struggles...and the one writing does not struggle or does not share in the agony of heart like we do. So, for those of you who feel alone in your struggle...let me encourage your heart....The Lord walks with you and me...and He's not left you nor forsaken you.

Yesterday, as I sat w/ coffee in hand....I mentally pictured the Lord on the other side of my living room...kind of a Gestalt...And my position was just open and honest...even though it was a "You stay on Your side, and I'll stay on mine, and we'll get along just fine." (I hadn't healed from the salt in my wounds yet....) So...I just sat and talked...You see, I'd been feeling personally threatened by a certain situation about which I cannot publicly write. (Hubby and I are fine!)

And this is what I wrote as He responded...

"I've been waiting for this time (together), Crista. SLOW DOWN!!! SLOW DOWN!!!! Be still and know that I AM God. In the face of adversity, you run, but I tell you to stop and stand. I know you have conflict that you didn't create (or are not responsible for the creation of it), but do you honestly think I will allow that? NO!! You are under the shadow of My wing - and I say that there, no evil shall befall you. (Psalm 91)

STAND STILL AND SEE THE SALVATION OF THE LORD! (Exodus 14:13) For the Lord is Mighty in Battle! It is I Who Do The WORK, so that the Only One in Whom you may boast is Me. I delight to give good gifts to My children and bring victory to your situation; for My Glory is one of those good gifts. You ARE more than a conqueror through Christ, or I would not have told you so. O ye of little faith, lift up a shout, for your day of victory is about to come about."

And by the end of our time together....He was sitting next to me on the couch....

Rev. 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me."

Thank You, Lord for Your long-suffering and patience and compassion and love....Please reveal Yourself even more to our hearts today...as we invite You in....

Love to all,

Crista

http://dinnerwiththeking.blogspot.com

CMSimmons52@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)