Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I AM Close to the Broken Hearted

~Tonight, I'm weary and depressed and discouraged....chronic, searing physical pain has been a constant companion for the last 2 mos., and has tagged along as an uninvited, unwelcome, unpaying tenant for almost the past 18 mos. in one form or another. I don't understand it, but do know the Lord has given me visions, scripture and encouragement in the process.
~He showed me a golden tip of a spear, and said, "I AM refining you. Sharpening you; not because you did anything wrong, but because a tool which gets used becomes dull with use and needs to be resharpened." In my heart, I was fairly screaming, "BUT GOD, I HURT SO BADLY!" He is no stranger to pain. He knows. He experienced the reality of human, physical suffering....And then, I bowed my heart and reaffirmed my conviction that I have offered my body to Him as a living sacrifice for His glory - for the Body of Christ - no matter what.
~Then, He gave me a vision of seeing myself walk through a wall of fire....a refiner's fire.
~During group prayer, His Presence was so tangible that we all felt almost helpless to stand. It was as if He put me in His intensive care room to saturate me with His Presence.
~And tonight He has reminded me of a time when overwhelming emotional pain blocked my view of Him....
~My Dear and Precious Daughter....Do you remember when you got hit in the face with the softball and bled profusely? You did not realize who was standing next to you and around you, but you did know that others were with you. That is what happens in pain....The world as you know it becomes a shadow; a blur as the body seeks to protect itself. The body perceives pain and automatically does what it needs to do to protect itself. That is how I have designed you. The brain registers pain as pain...whether it be emotional, spiritual in nature or physical.
~If you had been in a severe accident requiring hospital care, you would be in ICU. You would not care for yourself, but others would care for you as directed by the physician. And whether you are aware of their presence or not, they are still caring for you.
~That is how it is at times with Me. I AM Your Great Physician. Not only am I standing with you, but I send others into your life along the way to minister to you. But sometimes through your pain, you do not see Me or realize that I am there with you. Knowing I AM there when you do not see Me is walking by faith.
~Take comfort, My Love, in knowing that no matter what, I AM by your side and I have a purpose through it all. Trust Me in this. For nothing, absolutely nothing, shall separate you from My love.
Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him....Though He slay me, yet will I praise Him.
Father, no matter what, I will praise You with my whole heart!

"The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart...." Ps. 34:18
""Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing is happening to you, but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy." 1 Peter 4:12-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)