Saturday, May 2, 2009

Another Storm Dream - VERY CLOSE!

Dear Saints,
In the previous storm dream (see posting 4/6), it was very far away. I could not see it, but knew it was approaching. In this dream, the sky appeared much like a hot, purplish red, infected sore about to turn gangrenous. I could tell this monster would be advancing from the south and did not know if our home would physically survive.

I believe last night's dream confirmed the first. -

~I was talking on the phone and looked out my back (south) window. Everything was calm around me at the time. The person on the phone was warning me about this storm. I couldn't tell from the stillness of the air. At first I had thought it was only black, thurnderstorm clouds, but the storm was so wide that I had to go outside to get a better view.
~It was then that I realized the magnitude of this horrendous, impending disaster - AN F-5 TORNADO! I knew I had to get down into the basement, but first had some work to do, and it had to be done quickly. I couldn't find one of my sons. Calling to my husband, I found him already in the basement, and joined him there. Our basement was stocked with supplies.
~All of a sudden, I heard the voice of my oldest son, and opened the sliding door above me to call out to him. He stood outside a friend's house talking to him; oblivious to the storm behind him. I warned him and then awoke.

There are some qualities about this dream we need to examine:
1. At a time when all appears calm...the storm is nearer than we think. It has moved to our back yard.
2. God does warn us of impending disaster so that we can prepare. (I think this was representative of the "phone call".)
3. The storm will be unimagineably widespread and disastrous of a proportion we cannot conceive. My sons live in South Carolina and we're in Michigan. What touches us will reach them.
4. It is closer than we think and it is much more treacherous than we can imagine.
(In the first dream, I could not "see" the shape of the storm. In this dream, I saw the outline of an F-5 tornado.)
5. This storm is truly in our back yard and bearing down on us.
6. There are those who we need to warn to take cover, and there are those who we may not be able to "find". In other words, there are always those who will listen and those who won't.
7. I was totally calm throughout this entire dream. ~HE IS OUR PEACE!

BELOVED, GOD IS OUR REFUGE....OUR PRESENT HELP IN TIME OF NEED. HE IS OUR STRONG TOWER. We do not need to fear, but we do need to be prepared.

Prepare:
1. PUT OUR TRUST IN GOD! "For the Lord will pass through to strike the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the Lord will pass over the door and not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to strike you." Exodus 12:23.
2. Spiritually - Draw close to God and He will draw near to us. Ask Him to reveal those things in our lives of which He wants to purify us and separate us. Lukewarm is NOT a safe place to be!
3. Physically - Have supplies on hand for you and your family. Not only food, but water, toilet paper, female products, heat/cooking and light source.
4. Alert others.
5. God has our time on this earth in His hands. No matter what is going on in our life, we must realize that our life is but a vapor. Only God knows how long each one of us will walk this earth. This is why we must make the most of every moment - no matter what! We must always be ready. Scripture is very clear - we only have today, and that's really enough. However, we are to be wise in preparing as He leads us.

6. I encourage you to read David Wilkerson's blog postings.

If you have other insights or comments, please share.
God bless you!
Crista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)