Thursday, August 20, 2009

Psalm 91 - Experienced!

You know there are those times that we read The Word, and we read The Word...and we read THE WORD. We hear The Word, hear The Word...and then HEAR THE WORD of the Living God....And we take in His Word....for how will they know unless they hear? How will we know unless we read and hear? And we grow...we take His Word into us...and we grow, because when we take in His Word, we are really taking Jesus in to us...because HE IS THE WORD! And the Word is LIVING!...And the Word grows inside of us, because it is alive, and God makes it grow just like He does a seed in the ground. We plant a seed, water (and talk to it), fertilize, spritz, spray and pray....and one day, POP!...a little shoot above ground.....But before it pops above ground, it must grow in the dark unseen places....But it grows (well, unless you planted a vegetable garden like I DON'T do anymore!)

And we go through life, taking in His Word, and Jesus, filling up with His Spirit...and then something happens that just smacks you in the face, or the gut, or the heart....and God will give us a literal experience to the reality of His Word, His Spirit, His Truth and Who HE IS IN OUR LIVES.

I can't tell you how many times I have quoted that God will never ever, no not ever, leave us nor forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5 from the Amplified Bible) And this past year, when my most profound prayer from my gut was "God help!", and my mind and heart just could not seem to wrap around very much scripture....God was still there....He IS deeper still....

So, I'd like to share with you how He's brought the reality and Truth of Psalm 91 to the forefront this past week in my life. Will you read with me please? (Amplified Bible)
Psalm 91
v. 9 Because you have made the Lord your refuge,
and the Most High your dwelling place, (Ps. 91: 1, 14)
v. 10 There shall no evil befall you,
nor any plague or calamity come near your tent,
v. 11 For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service].
v. 12 They shall bear you up on their hands,
lest you dash your foot against a stone.
[Luke 4:10, 11; Heb. 1, 14]
v. 14 BECAUSE HE HAS SET HIS LOVE UPON ME,
THEREFORE WILL I DELIVER HIM;
I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name ;
has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love and kindness - trusts
and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].
v. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble.
I will deliver him and honor him.
v. 16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.
So here's been my week....
Last week Friday, I was driving the highway....70 mph, mindin' my own bidness', when all of a sudden I heard a sound as if I were driving on a rumble strip...which my mind quickly accessed that there was NO rumble strip as the sound increased in intensity....Pulling off I-96 about one mile before my exit, I walked around the end of my car to view a flatter than flat tire...and smoke from the heat! Cell phone in hand...I was going to call my husband (only an hour away! - What's a wife to do?!)....I hadn't even flipped open my pink link to the outside world, when my peripheral vision caught the glimpse of a white auto to my left....It took me a bit off guard....of course by this time, my mind was in a bit of disarray!....THANK-YOU, JESUS! It was a valiant/galient sheriff's deputy come to my aid! Jesus had driven to my aid in a white, sheriff's department car! WooHoo! I hadn't even had time to pray..."Dear God...." HE PROVIDED BEFORE I EVEN ASKED!!!
The deputy was on his way to the scene of a previous accident to do some more investigation....Sure, he'd change my tire. With both our heads inside the trunk, scrounging around for what I knew to be there...but how did they stuff it all in there?....I commented, "I don't know if you're a Christian or not, but I am...AND THIS IS GOD!"
He queried, "Have you been here long?"....And I'm thinking..."Buddy, I JUST pulled off the highway!"....We're talking a matter of seconds...not minutes...seconds!
This is when it gets really God....THERE WAS ABOUT AN 8" GASH IN THE REAR RIGHT TIRE! It had totally blown out! And, I was able to pull off the highway, smooth as glass....
OK...Now, fast forward to yesterday....We've had a "issue" with bees trying to build a nest and infest our enclosed porch....(Last Sunday it sounded like a beehive INSIDE our screened in porch!...Oh...No, no, no, no, NO!) ~Well, the little pests decided to make their way back...so, yesterday, after giving a piano lesson...and my hubby was at work...I thought, "No problem...I'll just climb the ladder and squirt them with our can of handy dandy Bee Be Gone and get them before they get me!....Going up the ladder and giving them a full blast was the easy part...It was coming back down....Looking down to make sure I could see where to put my foot...I THOUGHT I'd made it to the bottom rung and was soon to touch bottom - Cement....About midway down in mid-flight, I knew that I'd not perceived my situation correctly...and I hit the ground full force on my prosthetic, left hip and bee-hind....I just laid on the ground for about a minute or so....listening to the cars whizzzzz past our home...and probably someone (or at least I hope so!), wondering why I'd be lying on the sidewalk in front of my entry door...just gazing up at the sky!....No way was I just sun-bathing! You know what I mean?
This time...there was no cell phone at hand....no neighbor close enough to even remotely hear a cry for help....so I just lay still until I got my bearings and my courage to get up....Everything moved....My derriere hurt like the dickens, but I could move....Well, later, I called my orthopaedic surgeon's office...just to touch base...Yeah, come on in for x-rays....Well, PRAISE GOD...everything is just fine!
Now...if this isn't PROOF of God's protection....I don't know what is!
By the way...the Lord also took care of my dryer issue w/ Sears...Yes, I had to make the phone calls...but He directed me to the person who saw to it that the job would be done right! THANK-YOU, JESUS!!!!
My blogging will experience a brief two week intermission....See ya' later!
Be blessed everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)