Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Shall Fill Your Cup to Overflowing

This morning as I sat with the Lord sipping my almond flavored coffee containing the chocolate sweetener that I enjoy so much, the Lord said simply: "I SHALL FILL YOUR CUP TO OVERFLOWING".

For over the past two mornings as I've sat with Him, savoring my morning cup of java with my eyes closed, He's given me the same vision and accompanying sensation....As I held my cup in my hands and lifted it to my lips, I could see His silver cup that He held to my lips...Jesus held His cup and lifted it to my mouth...containing His wine....and oh, the soothing, life-giving, renewing sensation that accompanied this vision...from the time my lips touched the rip of my cup...His cup....to the warm, oily flow of His wine through my mouth, down my espophagus and into my stomach...and into my veins...flowing...like the oil which flowed down over the beard of Aaron in Psalm 133. It looked like deep, burgandy/red wine, but felt like warm oil; bringing His soothing refreshment.

And as I sit to write this morning....the words from the following hymn fill my heart~

Fill My Cup, Lord
Words and Music by Richard Blanshard
John 4:14"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst;but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

Like the woman at the well I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy:
And then I heard my Savior speaking:
"Draw from my well that never shall run dry".
Chorus ;

Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord!
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!
There are millions in this world who are craving

The pleasures earthly things afford;
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.
Chorus:

Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord!
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!

May you be blessed, dear one, by the following scriptures:
Psalm 23:5b "...You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over."
Psalm 133 "Behold, how good and how pleaseant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment poured on the head, that ran down on the beard, even the beard of Aaron [the first high priest], that came down upon the collar and skirts of his garments [consecrating the whole body]. It is like the dew that comes on the hills of Zion; for there the Lord has commanded the blessings, even life forevermore [upon the high and the lowly].
Psalm 119:57 "You are my portion, O Lord; I have promised to keep Your words."

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him], shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired."
Isaiah 55:1 "Wait and listen, everyone who is thirsty! Come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Yes, come, buy [priceless, spiritual] wine and milk without money and without price [simply for the self-surrender that accepts the blessings]."
Isaiah 58:10-11 "And if you pour out that with which you sustain your own life for the hungry and satisfy the need of the afflicted, then shall yur light rise in darkness, and your obscurity and gloom become like the noonday. And the Lord shall guide you continually and satisfy you in drought and in dry places and make strong your bones. And you shall become like a spring of water whose waters fail not."

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good - not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne."
Matthew 13:12 "For whoever has [spiritual knowledge], to him will more be given and he will be furnished richly so that he will have abundance...."

Luke 6:38 "Give, and [gifts] will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will they pour into [the pouch formed by] the bosom [of your robe and used as a bag]. For with the measure you deal out [with the measure you use when you confer benefits on others], it will be measured back to you."

John 7:38 "He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water.

Crista Simmons mailto:CMSimmons52@aol.com)
LifeCare Ministries and Healing Centers
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/l/LifeCareMin/
http://dinnerwiththeking.blogspot.com
Richland, Michigan, USA
May be reprinted only in it's exactness. Freely have we received. Freely do we give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)