Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hand Holding


This past Sunday, the Lord gave us a message at the nursing home about upholding one another. While Moses was in battle, the Israelites were winning as long as Moses' arms were lifted up. Aaron and Ur came alongside to lift up his arms...."So Joshua defeated Amelek and his people with the edge of the sword." (Read Exodus 17:8-13)
It's like me walking across an icy parking lot. I can do it - alone...but I prefer not to - because after having a total hip replacement (and even without one!), I really DON'T want to take unnecessary risks that I may fall. So, I wait for my husband, and he holds me while I make my way across the shiny, frozen sea. This way, if there happens to be "black" ice also....ice which is not visible...he's there to support me through this navigational arena, too.
Brothers and Sisters, we are to support, encourage and lift up one another. We are His Body and in so doing, we love God (Whom we can't see) by loving each other (whom we can see).
I hope you're encouraged in your heart to stretch and grow today by the following scriptures and the story that was sent to me today...written by an unknown author. Maybe the Lord wants you to hold someone else's hand....as He holds ours.
Blessings and love always,
Crista

Galatians 6:2 "Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10a "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion....

Ecclesiastes 4:12 "Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken."


One Stone is enough to break a Glass...... One Sentence is enough to break a Heart...... One second is enough to Fall in Love...... and One Misunderstanding is Sufficient to Break Friendship. Friendship is the Rainbow between Hearts.

A little girl and her father were crossing a bridge. The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter,
"Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river."
The little girl said, "No, Dad. You hold my hand." "What's the difference?" Asked the puzzled father.
"There's a big difference," replied the little girl. "If I hold your hand and something happens to me,
chances are that I may let your hand go. But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let my hand go."
"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."~Jesus~John 1:28-29

In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond.
So hold the hand of the person whom you love rather than expecting them to hold yours...

1 comment:

  1. Very nice,Crista! Love the comparison.. WE really need each other. WE need to speak encouragement and look for the areas of needs in our brothers and sisters. We are the Body of Christ! Blessings to you. Happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)