Thursday, January 22, 2009

Comfort, Yes, Comfort My People

Dear Reader,
This precious posting is being used by permission from my friend, Carol DeKoekkoek, Jan. 15, 2009.
~Be comforted. Crista

"Comfort, yes, comfort My people", says the Lord. (Isaiah 40:1)

What timely scripture. If you get a chance, read the entire chapter. Comfort, what kind of comfort do we seek...physical, emotional, spiritual? It matters not which one, it is the desire of our Father in heaven that when we are hurting that we find comfort from Him and in Him. He alone is our Healer, Restorer and Refuge. He is our strength and High Tower. These things are true.
So here I sit broken, knowing all these things, helpless, and hurting. What do I do with this truth? Do I press in or do I shut down? Sometimes the pressure seems all to great to bear and I want to shut down and give up, but my spirit stirs within me and I can't help but cry out, "Abba, Daddy I need You to rescue me!"
I'm reminded of what Peter said to Jesus in John 6, after many of Jesus followers left him. Jesus asked of the final 12 disciples, "Do you also want to go away?" and Peter replied, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."
What wisdom Peter had. Sometimes I hurt so bad I can't take it. So I do the only thing I know to do. I run to the One who holds the words of eternal life and I cry out to Him. It doesn't always change the situation, but it helps me to be able to stand under the pressure, to find another breath for another day.
You know that's really all Jesus encourages us to deal with. He says don't worry about tomorrow, today has enough troubles of its own. That's a paraphrase of a verse, I'd look it up for you, but i'm too lazy right now. Paul exhorts us to let go of things past, pressing on toward the goal of the prize of Christ in Phil. 3:14. That only leaves today.
Lord I pray today for all of your hurting and broken people. I thank you that You do not leave us as orphans, but You give us the Comforter, Your precious Holy Spirit. Come Holy Spirit, pour Yourself over us and fill us to overflowing that we might be ministers today of the very thing we stand in need of , Your love, Your peace, Your comfort and Your grace. I love You Lord, be glorified in me and help me to stand in the pain. Amen
Carol DeKoekkoek

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Carol. Thanks for sharing it with Crista. I have trouble running FIRST to God. I'm so darn stubborn and proud...I want to handle it myself. I wait until the pain is unbearable, and it's usually a godly friend who says, Cry out to God! He can handle it!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)