Friday, January 30, 2009

Rest in Me and Be at Peace

~Arise woman of God, Daughter of the Most High Arise. ~Arise to your resting place next to Your King; for I AM with you always.
~Do not despair, My love; for I have not left you nor forsaken you, though for a little while you may not see Me as you have in the past. Just know that I AM here, and I AM closer than you know; closer than a brother - for I AM the Lover of your soul. My love does not wax and wane as man's does, but I AM from everlasting to everlasting. Let Me do the work in your life which now needs to be done.
~I know you are scared, but trust Me, for I AM Faithful and True. I AM The Only Wise God;
The Everlasting Father; The Prince of Peace, and I AM The Lover of your soul.
~I AM The Lily of the Valley; The Bright and Morning Star. I AM The Lion of Judah...Selah.
Be at peace, My love. Be at peace. For I AM The Prince of Peace and I come to you with healing in My wings.

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, and in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength." Isaiah 26:3-4
"But to you who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings; and you shall go out and grow fat like stall-fed calves." Malachi 4:2
~It had been quite the year...2008. I was ready to undergo a total hip replacement in June, and all of the "trimmings" that come with it. Changes in lifestyle, physical therapy, use of devices to assist me in my daily living, being off from work for a period of time. What I was NOT prepared to undertake was a retinal detachment the end of October. The surgical placement of a gas bubble in my left eye necessitated that I keep it in place by keeping my head straight down for a month, and sleeping totally face down for 6 weeks!
~The hip surgery, I could finally accept. The suddenly of the retinal detachment left me wandering in the darkness. Had God left me? My mind said, "No"....my heart felt lost. Had I done something wrong? Had I somehow missed the proverbial boat? Alone during the day while my husband was at work, I ached.
"GOD, WHERE ARE YOU?" I was confused and hurting. I was scared of losing my eyesight. I was scared I had done something to cause God to take His hand from me, but this was not the God of love that I knew.
~About two weeks into my recovery, I had a visit from a pastor friend of ours and a couple others. They prayed for my physical healing. But God knew what I needed....reassurance that He loved me, unconditionally and that He was there for me. When my visitors left, I knew I was healed. He came as the Balm of Gilead with His healing in His wings for my broken heart. His reassurance gave me the grace to endure the rest of the journey.

2 comments:

  1. It seems that now more than ever we need the Lord to rise up with healing in His wings. I love this verse too:

    Ps 68:1
    68 May God arise, may his enemies be scattered;
    may his foes flee before him.
    NIV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Leigh! Amen! My heart's desire is to see such a move of God that the multitudes will come to Him...that all the obstacles be removed...and that we who are His Body, walk in such integrity before Him that it will shut the mouth of the enemy and he shall flee in seven ways before us.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)