Monday, March 30, 2009

Love, Daddy

~ I must admit there are times when past wounds gut punch me and I still bleed a bit...not as much as I used to...but still there staring me in the face and wanting to know what I'm going to do with them.
~For many of us, that can mean continuing to struggle with issues involving our parents - or other close family members. We find that we've done all we can in respecting them and not wounding back - as sometimes is the temptation, but the wound is still there. We get ourselves patched up, and then wham!...there we go again.
~For me, it involves my father. My adopted father has been my dad since I was four mos. old....If anyone is going to pick up the phone to call the other...it's me. For many years, he's signed his Christmas card with his first name...and this last year began using his army title of "Colonel"; not "Love, Dad"...but Colonel ______. I can rationalize in my head, but my heart just doesn't get it.
~Expressing my hurt to my husband the other day, I remarked, "Maybe I just need to call dad and ask him why...get things cleared up a bit." (But, I really don't think it would help....)
~Beloved, God knows our deepest wounds and how to fix them. He surprised me, when later that same day, He gently, tenderly and lovingly entered my thoughts....
"Crista, I always sign my cards, Love, Daddy."
So for all of us out there who need a reminder....just know that the card God sent you today is signed...."Love, Daddy".
~Some days, we really need God with skin on...don't we. We know in our heads, but our hearts are hurting. ~The following web site is really soothing when you just need a reminder that God is really there for you. Be blessed! ~And be sure to TURN UP THE VOLUME~ :>)
http://www.bittybitznpieces.com/FathersLoveLetter~.htm

Ephesians 3:19a "[That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience];...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)