Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Emotional Surgery

~What I'm about to relate happened back during my primary counseling years - somewhere in the early 90's. The Lord directed me to a wonderful, Spirit-filled Christian psychologist after my in-patient stay at Minirth-Meier in 1990. Joan let me know right at the starting gate that she wasn't my healer....There's only One Healer - and His Name is Jesus Christ of Nazareth. You see, I could verbalize this truth, but the Lord wanted me to know in a much more personal way. (He is just so long-suffering and patient and compassionate in what He does to reach us so that we "get it".)
~I cannot tell you specifically what happened to get to this next point, but I can tell you what the Lord did to heal me...and that's what's important.
~As she often did during our sessions, Joan prayed for the Holy Spirit to heal the innermost parts of my heart...the places that I didn't know how to get to anymore, because they were hidden so deeply within the recesses of my broken heart.
~As we went to the Lord in prayer, I saw myself in my previously buried memory outside my Grandma Tillie's chicken coop. I must have been about 4 or 5. My mother spewed obscenities over me and vented her anger on my bottom end, because I didn't want to go inside to collect the chicken eggs. Who would? The chickens always pecked my hand, and I was little! (Can't blame them for wanting to protect their shelled brood!)
...The vision continued as I saw myself crying and unprotected from my mother's wrath.....AND THEN, Jesus stepped into the picture. He took me into the chicken coop, and He covered my hand with His...and I saw in a moment that the chicken pecked His hand! He took the pain for me as I retrieved the closely guarded eggs!...And then as He led me back outside, I saw my mother waiting for us and loaded for bear. Jesus looked her square in the eye and told her to leave me alone, because I was going with Him. (At this point, my mother was not saved.) I heard my mother scream at Him, "Who in the h--- do you think You are?" To which He calmly replied, "I told you to leave her alone and that she's going with Me." The Lord completed my new memory by taking me by the hand and leading away from my mother.
~Beloved - HE IS THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA...THE BEGINNING AND THE END....AND THE IN-BETWEEN!
What is impossible for us to do for ourselves, HE IS ABLE TO DO!
~I had absolutely no idea within my conscious self that this memory lay buried beneath the surface, but the Lord did. He brought that which had been in darkness to light. And in so doing, He brought His healing to what had been unknowingly, an extremely emotionally debilitating experience!
~What He did was to give me a new memory so that the old no longer held the power it once did.
~This reminds me of something the Lord told me about 15 years ago, "My child, first and foremost, I AM a heart surgeon. Yes, I desire to heal the physical, but often it is the emotional which needs the greatest healing."
Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."
For He Who is able to heal our "today" is also with us to heal our "yesterday". Be blessed.
(An excellent reference: "Healing for Damaged Emotions" by Dr. David Seamands)



3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, Crista. And SO true. People may look and me and not see healing, but I shouldn't even be alive. Not to mention the fact that I was able to have my very own miracle child. Sometimes God heals instantly, other times he uses time. He is GOd, afterall, He can do that which He pleases.

    I agree on the emotional healing too...I think that is WAY more important to God than physical healing. I have been through both, and I would rather deal with physical disability such as I have than be emotionally crippled.

    Love your blog!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crista, because you have received God's healing love you are a living testimony of that to others. All for His glory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, both, more than words convey, and as we walk this road together, may God's glory be revealed as He takes us all from Glory to Glory.
    BIG HUG!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)