Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pressed Down, Shaken Together and Running Over

~Well...it has been one of those years. Just get over one thing and WHAM!...here comes another.
~I'm self-employed, so time off for surgery results in a loss of income. That's a fact. Last summer, we did all we could to plan for my hip replacement and time off in the summer when my income was normally lower, so we didn't take such a big hit. Thank the Lord, I recovered quickly and was back to teaching very part-time by the 4th of July. The Lord generously provided meals for us during this time through many piano studio families and church friends.
~By September, I was emotionally and physically ready to jump back into teaching. Constant pain is draining, and narcotics have their side-effects. So getting back to teaching and really feeling like I had my head in the game was too good for words!
Life had returned to a semblance of normal, and I was feeling great!
~Then...wave #2...totally unexpected...a detached retina. The ensuing recovery stage meant 5 weeks off of work. The anticipation of paying off my remaining medical bill debt quickly hit the dirt - flat faced in the gravel! No work - no pay.
~But then, God...One of my piano parents asked if she could send out an email to line up families to bring in dinners....Oh my! Here we were in the same situation less than five months after my hip surgery. This time during recovery, my movements were more restricted than from the hip replacement. Having to look straight down at the floor 24/7 meant that I couldn't rotate my eyes. They had to remain positionally stationary. Any attempt at cooking was not even possible. I gained a new appreciation for the partially blind.
~I was side-lined and so was my income. But this was the month that God poured out His faithfulness through others beyond what we could have hoped for or imagine!
Families brought in food...and others refused a credit to their account. All we had to do was purchase eggs, milk and bread. The rest was provided.
~My husband queried, "Why are we getting so MUCH food?!?!?!"
~God supplied His answer in scripture:
~Matt. 6:33-34 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,..."
~Luke 6:38 "Give, and [gifts] will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will they pour into [the pouch formed by] the bosom [of your robe and used as a bag]. For with the measure you deal out [with the measure you use when you confer benefits on others], it will be measured back to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)