Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rest in My Goodness

~Let's look at a couple scriptures today:
~Ephesians 3:19 (Amplified) "[That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]...."
~Psalms 23:6 (Amplified) "Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life..."
~"Goodness". Strong's Concordance #19 - "agathosune" - "Beneficence, kindness in actual manifestation, virtue equipped for action, a bountiful propensity both to will and to do what is good, intrinisic goodness producing a generosity and a Godlike state or being. Agathosune is a rare word that combines being good and doing good."
~Remember when Jesus was addressed as the good Teacher? And even Jesus replied that there is only One Who is good and that is God. (Matthew 19:16-17)
~So many scriptures that many of us can quote off the top of our heads; yet the Lord wants us to EXPERIENCE HIM IN THE REALITY OF WHO HE IS...and WHO HE IS - IS GOOD! Praise God that He wants to share Himself and Who He Is with us!
~It was two days ago...I was physically, emotionally, spiritually spent....To say that I've experienced exhaustion from this last year of physical challenges is an understatement. And the prospect of facing yet another surgery and all that entailed - personally, professionally, physically, financially, etc. - seemed more than I could face - again, in such a short period of time.
~It was Tuesday morning....and my Bible pages smeared like oil on water...my mind just didn't comprehend the pages I was reading...."God!", was the best prayer I could sigh.
~Then the Lord spoke, "Crista, just rest in My Goodness."....What did that involve?....Absolutely nothing but obedience on my part....sitting...not reading...not praying....just being....And then the Lord brought the 23rd Psalm to remembrance..."surely goodness and mercy shall follow me"......
~God's goodness....Who He is in His goodness....is with me all the way....not because of anything in particular, because I just haven't had it to "give"....but just because of Who He Is.
~Oh yes, I've sung the song...."God is so good...God is so good....God is so good, He's so good to me." But now, there is even more of an assurance of His Goodness in my heart...for me...just because of Who He Is....And He is all that and more for each and every one of us, because He is no respector of person.
~Beloved...when we've done all...stand...and rest in His goodness...and He will prove Himself strong and gentle on our behalf.
~And by the way...at this point...no back surgery! Yesterday, the doctor said my back didn't look as serious/involved on the MRI as it did one month prior on the CT scan. So for now...more conservative treatment. Praise God! Praise God! Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow!
~We are loved by our Good God!

1 comment:

Welcome ~

The purpose of this blog is to encourage our walk in Christ; together in Him; for as we develop our relationship with the Lord, we ARE more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Praise God! My writings are mostly from an experiential standpoint; however sometimes this includes dreams and visions. (Comments are reviewed prior to posting.)